Choosing Quality Care
Choosing the Right Setting for Your Child
It’s a big job!
We are here to help you find the best fit based on your child’s needs and your preferences. This service is available free of charge. We take your preferences and generate a list of child care providers for you!
Quality child care environments are nurturing and safe. These environments present opportunities and materials for children of all ages to learn through play. This is essential to your child’s development.
Accurate information about child development and appropriate expectations for children’s behavior at every age help parents see their children and youth in a positive light and promote their healthy development. We are here to assist you in learning about the different attributes of a nurturing environment that meets all your child’s needs, including their need for early learning.
Children Learn Best Through Play
Below are some resources which can help you choose the best care for your child:
- Scavenger Hunt: Print this scavenger hunt when you are visiting child care providers to see if any of these important early learning materials will be part of your child’s environment.
- Choosing Quality Child Care Flyer, Checklists for Centers, and Checklist for Family Child Care Homes.
- Escojiendo cuidado infantil de buena calidad
- Gid Pou Fanmi An – Creole
- Office of Early Learning
- Family Guide to Selecting Quality Child Care Programs
- Guía para la familia
- Gold Seal Providers
- Licensing Overview for Child Care Providers
- Search for Your Provider in DCF’s Database
- Article: Why Does Child Care Cost So Much
- Brain Building Resources for Families
Did you know suffocation and strangulation in an adult bed is the leading cause of injury-related death for Florida infants under age 1?
To help prevent these deaths, child care providers and families must work together to keep babies safe by placing them in their cribs, on their backs, every time they are put down to sleep. Check out the resources below to learn how you can practice safe sleep in your home or child care.