Contract with Us
Florida’s School Readiness (SR) and Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) are early education programs raising the bar on quality across the state. More than 7,500 providers all over the state contract with local coalitions to provide quality care for at-risk children and all Florida four year olds.
There are many benefits to becoming a contracted provider with us. A few of our favorites include:
- Free technical assistance
- Coaching and training for you and your teachers
- Free quality initiatives, including supporting materials
- Behavioral/Developmental support coaching
And so much more…
Become a Provider
To become a contracted provider in Flagler and Volusia Counties, a childcare provider must first:
- Register for a New Provider Account
- After submitting the registration, call the ELCFV Quality and Compliance (Q&C) team at 386-323-2400, choose option 3, then option 2. This call notifies our team of your request and will decrease the wait time for account activation.
- After the account has been activated, you must then complete your PROFILE and submit it for review.
*If you need information about opening a new childcare program contact us.
School Readiness (SR) Requirements
There are some basic requirements to be a School Readiness provider. Here is what you will need to do:
- Be a licensed or licensed-exempt provider, as determined by Department of Children & Families
- Follow all requirements of the School Readiness Health & Safety Handbook
- Be able to agree to the Statewide School Readiness Provider Contract
- Choose an approved curriculum
- Employ instructors that have completed or are able to complete the School Readiness Preservice training within the required timeframe
- Attend the School Readiness Orientation
Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) Requirements
There are some basic requirements to be a Voluntary Prekindergarten provider. Here is what you will need to do:
- Be a licensed, licensed exempt, or non-public school as determined by Department of Children & Families or the Florida Department of Education
- Be able to agree to the Statewide Voluntary Prekindergarten Provider Contract
- Provide a copy of your license or certificate of accreditation
- Employ a director that has a VPK Endorsed Director Credential
- Employ teachers that meet the requirements for a school year VPK teacher
- Employ teachers that meet the requirements for a summer VPK teacher (if you choose to offer summer VPK)
- Attend the VPK Orientation