Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library
Many children in Flagler and Volusia counties do not have access to books. Thanks to generous donors in the communities, children birth – 5 years old can enroll in Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library for free and be mailed one quality, age-appropriate book each month until they turn five years old.
Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library mails out books to almost two million children a month. We have to place our book orders a month in advance to do this. Depending on when you register your child, it may take 8 – 12 weeks for the first book to arrive. After that, the books will arrive every month.
If you provided an email address with your registration, you will be notified via email when the registration is approved or entered into our system. If you do not have an email address, you will need to email us to find out more information, but it does take 8-12 weeks for books to start arriving after approval.
The two most common reasons this happens are:
- You updated the address for your child’s record after the Dollywood Foundation pulled the report of all children receiving a book that month. In this case, you will miss a book but you should receive the following month’s book.
- There may have been a miscommunication between the post office and the Imagination Library mail system. Please check your account to be sure we have your current address.
New Worlds Reading Program
For children ages kindergarten – 5th grade. Specialized book titles include English, Spanish, Haitian Creole, and braille language formats.
*not currently available for homeschooled children
Little Free Library
Little Free Library book-sharing boxes are open seven days a week, 24 hours a day, and are freely accessible to all. They have both children’s books and books for adults. Use the map to find a Little Free Library near you!
- Make a donation
- Join the fundraising committee (we meet monthly for one hour)
- ‘Like’ and ‘Follow’ the Flagler or Volusia Imagination Library on Facebook
- Call or send a note to your local city officials to share with them the importance of securing consistent funding for early literacy programs like this one!
Update Your Contact Information
Need to change your address?
Support the Program
Interested in promoting the importance of early literacy in Flagler or Volusia County? For $30, you can sponsor a child for one year in the program.