Transition to Kindergarten
A new school year will be starting soon! The first day of school in Flagler County is Wednesday, August 10th. The first day in Volusia County is Monday, August 15th.
Unless they are already signed up, the time to register children who will turn 5 by September 1st for kindergarten is NOW!
Please see below for more information and links.
- Original birth certificate
- Current shot record (blue card Florida Form 680)
- Current physical record (yellow Florida physical form 3040)
- Proof of Flagler County residency: copy of lease or rental agreement, bill of sale or property deed, utility bill, or homeowner’s insurance (documents should clearly indicate parent/guardian names)
- Guardian or custody papers if parent/guardian is not on child’s birth certificate
- The student’s original birth certificate (not hospital certificate)
- An immunization record signed by a physician (HRS 680 form)
- A Florida Physical form (DH3040) signed by a licensed Florida medical authority and completed within one year of registration date.
- Student’s Social Security Card
- TWO proofs of residence (e.g., lease/purchase agreement, power bill, water bill)
- Parent/Guardian driver’s license/identification
- Transition to Kindergarten Toolkit
- Reading 101: A Guide for Parents – Overview of literacy milestones for children pre-k through 2nd grade.
- Building a Partnership with Your Child’s Teacher
- Help Your Child Succeed in Elementary School: Build the Habit of Good Attendance (English, Spanish)
- Summer Transition Ideas: This site provides activities and ideas to engage children in everyday activities to support readiness for kindergarten while shopping, cooking, playing, etc.