Transition to Kindergarten
Do you have a child entering kindergarten this fall? Here’s what you need to know to be ready for registration!
- Original birth certificate
- Current shot record (blue card Florida Form 680)
- Current physical record (yellow Florida physical form 3040)
- Proof of Flagler County residency: copy of lease or rental agreement, bill of sale or property deed, utility bill, or homeowner’s insurance (documents should clearly indicate parent/guardian names)
- Guardian or custody papers if parent/guardian is not on child’s birth certificate
Volusia County School Choice Fair
- The student’s original birth certificate (not hospital certificate)
- An immunization record signed by a physician (HRS 680 form)
- A Florida Physical form (DH3040) signed by a licensed Florida medical authority and completed within one year of registration date.
- Student’s Social Security Card
- TWO proofs of residence (e.g., lease/purchase agreement, power bill, water bill)
- Parent/Guardian driver’s license/identification
- Transition to Kindergarten Toolkit
- Reading 101: A Guide for Parents – Overview of literacy milestones for children pre-k through 2nd grade.
- Building a Partnership with Your Child’s Teacher
- Help Your Child Succeed in Elementary School: Build the Habit of Good Attendance (English, Spanish)
- Summer Transition Ideas: This site provides activities and ideas to engage children in everyday activities to support readiness for kindergarten while shopping, cooking, playing, etc.